Chef de Partie
|Reports to: Head Chef and Sous Chef|
|Aim: The Chef De Partie is to work along with the Sous Chef to maintain standards set by the Company Operating Standards, ensuring the Kitchen hygiene standards are without exception adhered to. To ensure that guests receive at all times through effective communication with all departments, the highest level of customer care.
|· Ensure that all working areas are kept clean and tidy at all times.
· Prepare, cook and serve food as specified by the Head Chef and Sous Chef and to ensure that the food meets the appropriate specification.
· Assist the Head Chef and Sous Chef to supervise the Commis Chefs in all food preparation and food production in all kitchens.
· Assist the Head Chef and Sous Chef in ensuring HACCP is in place to ensure due diligence in preventing an outbreak of food poisoning.
· Monitor the temperature, quality and portion size of all food served from the Kitchen areas.
· Assist in food ordering by informing the Sous Chef when stocks are reaching par stock levels.
· Ensure good communication throughout the Kitchen department at all times.
· Ensure the effective control of refrigeration and dry store goods to ensure that there is no waste.
· Ensure that all areas of responsibility are kept sanitised and free from dust and debris at all times, following, strict and pre-agreed cleaning schedules.
· Assist the Sous Chef to be responsible for all stocks held in the department, its requisition, safe storage and usage to ensure proper control of costs achieved.
· Assist the Head Chef and Sous Chef to ensure that all services used are correctly recorded and charged to the appropriate guest.
· To be dressed in a smart and professional manner in conjunction with the company standards.
· To adhere to the Food Allergen Regulations.
|Skills, Competencies and Responsibilities:
|· Maintains food quality and presentation.
|· Ensure the effective implementation of tasks through communication.
· Good Communication skills.
· The ability to work independently and resourcefully.
· Maintain a professional attitude and demeanour, including courteous interactions with colleagues and employees, encountered in the course of work.
· Be flexible with work schedules, remain calm and courteous and exercise self- control when interacting with impatient individuals.
· An ability to use own judgement, resourcefulness, common sense and local knowledge to respond to guests enquiries and requests.
|To be fully conversant with:
|· The Hotel and Company Fire Procedures, Health and Safety Policy and Security Procedures.
· Short and long term company promotions.
· The company dress code.
· The hotels smoking policy.
· Hotel and Company philosophy.
· Rules and Management Policies.
· Hotel Objectives and Vision.
Sign up today to receive all of the latest news, events, and vacancies straight to your inbox