|Reports to: Group Head Housekeeper / Head House Keeper|
|Aim: To ensure standards of cleanliness, hygiene and tidiness are maintained throughout the hotel and to manage the housekeeping and laundry department efficiently to maintain standards and control costs.
To deliver friendly, efficient customer service and to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere for all of our guests, with the key aim of retaining and attracting new customers
· To ensure standards of cleanliness, hygiene and tidiness in all bedrooms, corridors, function rooms and public areas are maintained.
· Supervising the daily cleaning of assigned rooms, bathrooms, corridor areas and public areas to the highest standards, this includes changing bed linen, replacing towels, cleaning bathrooms thoroughly, vacuuming, mopping and dusting daily.
· Subject to levels of business the housekeeper will be expected to also service rooms.
· Ensure the upkeep of vacant rooms
· Replenishing brochures and paper goods throughout the bedrooms/hotel
· Maintaining an orderly storeroom and service areas.
· To ensure customer satisfaction is maintained by: ensuring quest laundry is collected, charged and returned to the guest in a speedy and accurate fashion, ensuring guest property left behind is logged and stored in a secure location for lost property, resolving an guest problems or complaints when possible and ensuring management are kept informed, action any maintenance requests in order to comply with the hotel’s established quality standards and ensure quest satisfaction.
· To set and maintain standards of service commensurate with the standing of the hotel, managing a stock control and ordering system to ensure availability of stock and cost control to maintain costs to a minimum,
· Attending any appropriate off and on the job training courses.
· Wearing a clean and suitable uniform and name badge at all times.
· Implementing the hotel’s good customer relations, including politely addressing guests and colleagues at all times.
· To ensure the department is operated within the Legal Framework by immediately reporting and documenting to management any observed or known safety hazards, conditions or unsafe practices and procedures.
· Carrying out any other duties as may be reasonably required by management.
· To effectively use and be familiar with Hotel software designated to your department.
|Training & Development:|
· To evaluate standards in the departments and identify the need for training, ensuring appropriate action is taken where required.
· Support the Room Division Manager in performing appraisals and developing training plans for staff as required.
· Your work will be assessed throughout your employment as and when deemed necessary by your Manager.
|Health & Safety:|
· To ensure that the Company Health & Safety procedures are implemented within the department.
· To be aware of all legislation that is relevant to your work and ensure that all legal requirements are met, including: licensing, Health and Safety at Work, COSHH, Environmental Health, Fire Precautions, Manual Handling and any others.
· As outlined in the mission statement all staff are expected to take responsibility for the delivery of consistent service excellence to customers thereby exceeding their expectations.
· Ensure the effective implementation of tasks through communication.
· Good Communication skills.
· The ability to work independently and resourcefully.
· Maintain a professional attitude and demeanour, including courteous interactions with colleagues and employees, encountered in the course of work.
· Be flexible with work schedules, remain calm and courteous and exercise self-control when interacting with impatient individuals.
· An ability to use own judgement, resourcefulness, common sense and local knowledge to respond to guests enquiries and requests.
|To be fully conversant with:|
· The Hotel and Company Fire Procedures, Health and Safety Policy and Security Procedures.
· Short and long term company promotions.
· The company dress code.
· The hotels smoking policy.
· Hotel and Company philosophy.
· Rules and Management Policies.
· Hotel Objectives and Vision.
Sign up today to receive all of the latest news, events, and vacancies straight to your inbox